The MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and MIT Professional Education are offering professional courses on big data and the issues that arise in this tech area. Here is more information about their online program.
Approximately 7,000 professionals from over 100 countries and over 3,000 organizations worldwide have attended Tackling the Challenges of Big Data, the 6-week course developed and delivered by world-renowned faculty of the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) in collaboration with MIT Professional Education.Don’t miss this opportunity to join professionals from all around the world as we tackle the challenges of big data together.
This course is designed for engineers, technical managers, and entrepreneurs looking to understand new Big Data technologies and concepts to apply in their work, and to gain perspective on current trends and future capabilities. Topics covered will be:
- Data collection (smartphones, sensors, the Web)
- Data storage and processing (scalable relational databases, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Extracting structured data from unstructured data
- Systems issues (exploiting multicore, security)
- Analytics (machine learning, data compression, efficient algorithms)
- Visualization and a range of applications
Participants who successfully complete all course requirements are eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion and 2.0 CEUs from MIT Professional Education.