Professors Arthur Bahr (Literature), Catherine Drennan (Chemistry/Biology), Hazel Sive (Biology), and Lorna Gibson (Materials Science and Engineering/Civil and Environmental Engineering/Mechanical Engineering) have just been named as MIT’s 2015 MacVicar Fellows.
The MacVicar Faculty Fellows Program honors MIT’s best teachers and mentors, who have made outstanding contributions to undergraduate education. Over 90 MacVicar Faculty Fellows have been selected on the basis of merit through an annual nomination process beginning in 1992.
OCW is honored to share courses from each of this year’s Fellows.
- 21L.460 Medieval Literature: Legends of Arthur
- 21L.705 Major Authors: Old English and Beowulf
- 21H.007J Empire: Introduction to Ancient and Medieval Studies
- 21L.001 Foundations of Western Culture: Homer to Dante
- 3.A26 Freshman Seminar: The Nature of Engineering
- 3.054 Cellular Solids: Structure, Properties and Applications
- 3.225 Electronic and Mechanical Properties of Materials