The OpenCourseWare Consortium has announced the 2014 winners of Site, Course, and Project Awards for OpenCourseWare Excellence (ACE). Congratulations to all!
Site and Course Awards
This year’s Site and Course awards fall into three categories: Outstanding Site, Outstanding Course, and Open MOOC.
Outstanding Site Winners
- UNED Abierta OCW (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia)
- National Taiwan University OCW (National Taiwan University)
- TU Delft OpenCourseWare (Delft University of Technology)
Outstanding Course Winners
- General Physics (National Tsing Hua University Opencourseware; Prof. Lin Hsiu-Hau)
- Mini-vídeos docentes modulares para diseñar un MOOC (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED); Emilio Letón, Manuel Luque, Tomás García-Saiz, and Elisa M. Molanes-López)
- Gastrointestinal Endscopy in Small Animals (University of Murcia; Dr. Ignacio Ayala de la Peña)
Open MOOC Winners
- Solar Energy (Delft University of Technology; Dr. Arno Smets)
- Introduction to Water Treatment (Delft University of Technology; Prof.Dr.Ir. Jules B. van Lier)
- Pre-Algebra CCC 2013 (Cuyahoga Community College; Professor Idrissa Aidara, Professor Don Gabriel, Professor Curtis Kaschube, Professor Cathleen Rossman, Professor Michael Wilkins, Dr. Belinda Miles, Dr. Charles Dull, Sash Thackaberry, and Cheryl Knight)
The Project awards are a new category aiming to recognize efforts that support the production, use and/or promotion of OCW/OER in ways other than the creation and use of material resource, and fall into two categories: Creative Innovation and Open Research..
Creative Innovation Winners
The Creative Innovation Award recognizes outstanding innovations that bring a new approach to Open Education. These may be ideas or solutions presented as sites, courses or projects that substantially improve the discoverability, presentation, usability, accessibility or availability of course materials.
- Sésamath (SESAMATH)
- Slidewiki (Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn; Darya Tarasowa, Ali Khalili, Sören Auer)
Open Research Winners
The Open Research Award recognizes excellence in research studies about open education and/or related areas. These may be studies that help advance our understanding and demonstrate effectiveness related to challenges in discoverability, presentation, usability, accessibility or availability of OCW/OER.
Read the full press release on Project Awards.