- 6.041x Introduction to Probability – The Science of Uncertainty, a classic MIT probability course that has been taught and refined at the Institute for more than 50 years, now reimagined for the edX platform
- 12.340x Global Warming Science, which features a set of atmospheric simulators that allow students to model important elements of climate change
- 15.390x Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?, which includes case studies of MIT entrepreneurs working in areas as diverse as mobile applications, 3D printing, power electronics, international development, and watchmaking
- 16.110x Flight Vehicle Aerodynamics, which presents the concepts, theories, models, and methods used in the aerodynamic analysis and design of modern aircraft.
- 21W.789x Building Mobile Experiences, a course taught by a Yahoo! research scientist that takes students from conception to finished product in designing an app suitable for sale through commercial app stores
- 6.00.2x Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science, which covers plotting, stochastic programs, probability and statistics, random walks, Monte Carlo simulations, modeling data, optimization problems, dynamic programming and machine learning.
- 6.SFMx Street-Fighting Math, which teaches six reasoning tools to help you calculate mentally, simplify integrals, estimate drag forces by dropping coffee filters, and sum infinite series where every term is unknown
- 15.071x The Analytics Edge, which focuses on real world examples and case studies of how analytics have been used to transform a business or industry—including Moneyball, eHarmony, the 2012 Presidential Election, the Framingham Heart Study, Twitter, IBM Watson, and American Airlines.
The new MITx courses will be joined by reprised versions of previously offered courses including 14.73x The Challenges of Global Poverty, 6.002x Circuits and Electronics, and 6.00.1x Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python.
Several spring courses, including 16.110x, 15.390x, 6.00.1x and 6.00.2x, will offer ID verified certificates for a modest fee using edX’s new system for providing additional student identity confirmation. All courses may also be taken free of charge. Courses not linked above will be opening for enrollment soon. Visit the MITx page on edX to see if they’ve opened.